I was reading a book and tried this by default. Before you read further, please know that I do not know how to cook and I haven’t bothered to learn it because I am too impatient for it. A pizza, though, barely takes any time.
What you need :
- A wheat base (preferably thin crust, so less carbs)
- Tomato/Pizza sauce
- Toppings (Whatever you prefer)
- Oregano Seasoning (Optional)
How to make it?
- Put sauce on the base.
- Add ONLY TWO TABLESPOONS (or lesser) cheese
- Add toppings
- Sprinkle oregano (optional).
Step number 2 is the only trick.
Why is pizza fattening and rather junk?
- High in carbs (thick, maida base)
- About 10 table spoons or more of cheese.
The above two add to hundreds of calories and a greater carb and fat content.
Below is the pizza I made, the toppings include salami, olives and finely chopped tomatoes :
You may be thinking that this will be weird and tasteless, but after I made it a few months ago, I don’t ever remember ordering a pizza outside. Simply because I can actually eat a pizza which has more fillings- all of my choice, and not half as many calories as the one I eat outside! So why not eat what you like and not gain weight 😀 this is something which wouldn’t hamper your weight loss process 🙂
Try it, and let me know how you found it 🙂