You know those few months when you are working just as hard (and sometimes harder) but you’re still not losing any weight/fat? That’s called a weight-loss plateau. I’ve had it for over 4 months! And its not impossible at all to get rid of it, you just need to follow some basic strategies.
- Change your workout– Join a fitness class or do some yoga, just change your workout for a while. I started doing the Insanity Max 30 workout and started losing fat immediately (as less as 2 weeks) and gained lean muscle.
- HIIT – Do HIIT (High intensity interval training) exercises a couple of times a week, or add them to your cardio schedule in the gym with rounds of sprinting and jogging.
- Sugar– Discontinue any food or drink with sugar , just for a month! Yes, that means tea and coffee as well. Worked wonders for my skin too. After that you can start having it in moderation, but for a while cut away from drinks and dessert.
- Alcohol– Alcohol accounts to so so so much empty calories, discontinuing alcohol means cutting down on a lot of calories and saving that belly.
- Supplements – I am not a pro with supplements, the only think I take is whey protein. My friends take Apple Cider Vinegar as it helps with burning fat.
- Hormones – As women, we have a lot of hormonal changes and imbalances. If nothing works out, get yourself checked so you know whats the cause of this!