The thing with eating a lot is that you just want to eat more after that and the cycle continues. What’s worse is that your appetite increases, so you eat way more than you should because you do not feel full. This goes on and on, and hence the weight gain. PCOD would not go if you keep gaining weight like this (as far as what I was told by a doctor) and would only become worse. Moreover, if you are heavy in your abdominal area your ovaries tend to get suffocated as well. Does thins ring a bell for you and motivate you enough to work out?
Yes, facial hair persists because of PCOD because it is a hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance also affects mood which is why you feel irritated. Moreover, since there isn’t any good nutrition entering your body, that affects the mood as well.
What I would strongly suggest you is that:
- Reduce your appetite! Eat 7 times a day (every 2 hours, 4 big meals and 3 small) but eat small portions. Do this for two weeks and your appetite will naturally reduce. Control the in-between cravings with water.
- Lots and lots of water. Water before food, water after food, water in between. This is good for your overall well-being as well as weight control.
- Eat only healthy (read my previous posts to see how to incorporate into that). Discontinuing junk is not that hard, and you can always indulge in something little once in three weeks if you really want to.
- You absolutely have to start exercising. Any kind of exercising is fine, but just start.
- Do not give up. A lot of women have PCOD today and no, it is not okay to have it just because a lot of them do. Fight it off, and yes- it is possible.
All the best!