Why is it that being ‘healthy’ is only considered to be salient to overweight and fat people whereas skinny people are naturally healthy just because they aren’t fat? Since when does being skinny/thin = being fit? Whether you want to build muscle or lose weight, the long term goal should be ‘being healthy’ so that whatever you are, you are at the best of your health. It doesn’t matter if you are curvy, broad, thin, petite- what matters is that your body is healthy so that it takes care of you later, and for that, you have to take care of it right now.
A lot of people ask me if they really ‘need’ to exercise because they have a great body naturally, or, the cliché :
- “I eat chocolates all day long but I don’t gain weight.”
- “I eat a lot, but don’t gain weight only.”
- “I have a great body, so I don’t feel the need to exercise.”
(I really envy you btw)
I’m sure all of us have come across at least one person who fits in the above statements.
So you have a perfect body and you can eat what the hell you want to ,do you really need to workout then? -The answer is YES, you do!
- Your metabolic rate is high which is why you don’t gain weight. But, it won’t be high forever sweetie, and you gotta be fit to battle that.
- Excess sweets = diabetes
- Excess fat= heart diseases
- What you eat is what nourishes your body. In this case, you are eating junk often because nothing happens. Well, no nourishment takes place either. What about your hair,skin,nails,bones,and the well-being of your organs?
- What you eat now will eventually reflect in your body 🙂
- You have more chances of Osteopenia/Osteoporosis
- You are more prone to infertility
Are these enough reasons to break your bubble? You’ve been skinny your entire life which gives you the license to eat excessively (if you’re a big eater) and satisfy your junk and sweet tooth craving. But does it, really?
During late adulthood and old age, you have great chances of having numerous diseases , including obesity. Since our generation is anyway so reluctant towards maintaining good health and those with this body type take it for granted. What you eat now is what you will wear later.
So wear your trainers and take out at least half an hour 5 days a week and cut down on eating crap – you would thank yourself later 🙂
For any questions, post ‘em in the ‘Contact’ tab and I shall answer it in Question of the Week (QOTW).